Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The worst present you've ever received...

So Rachel (my sis) and I were chatting on the phone today and she was telling me this story of her girlfriend (who shall be left nameless...) who received a hideous enlarged photo of a glorious nature scene, in an orange frame-in the tacky 70's style, for her anniversary this past month (BIG and POSTER SIZED, mind you). Her husband had led her to believe he had really outdone himself this year and so she anxiously awaited the coming day. She was so miffed with her husband for giving it to her she didn't even tell Rachel about it until nearly two weeks (or so) later...

Well, that got me thinking. What is the worst gift I've ever been given?? Hands down it HAS to be a digital alarm clock with extra large numbers wrapped in a brown paper bag from Raleys (where it was purchased en route to my dorm) and complete with two small metallic birthday balloons on white plastic sticks. No doubt because one balloon wasn't enough to compensate for the wrapping....I think my reaction was "OH?! That's just great...no really, I needed an alarm clock. Really..." Whoa!?

When I asked later what my boyfriend at the time was thinking...he said that I had complained about not being able to see my alarm clock in the morning without my contacts in and Viola...the idea just hit him! What ever!!

It really is a funny gift and probably is so bad just because it was given in all seriousness and not as a gag!

What's your worst gift? Given or received?

1 comment:

Kadi, John and girls said...

My worst gift received was for our wedding- our very wealthy cousins (Doctor) gave us Post its and a Post it holder!!! My mother was astounished as were we (LOL)!!!! Love the BLOG Nat :)!