So for Christmas for my mom and Sibs this year I bootlegged a project from Living by Ms. Martha...that's Martha Stewart. :) It is the coolest way to display family photos from multiple generations. You choose the pictures you want to use (the longest and hardest part of the process), then you scan or copy them to make black and white versions of them and then cut them into diamond shapes and arrange them onto watercolor paper in an argyle design~
It's not really that complicated ... it's just time consuming.
It turned out really great. This picture here is from the Martha Website...there was an issue uploading from my iPhoto. Martha's Instructions are here if you just click! Even if you don't do this for Christmas it would be a great Birthday, mother's day or father's day present!
Just as gratifying as giving this gift was seeing all this family that I have all together. I got so that I could recognize members of my family that I've never even met. It helped me to really feel like I've got some roots and helped me to feel even more responsibility to my kids to teach them about making and keeping Temple covenants.
I'm making one for our family with Greg's side of the fam on it. I was able to make a large one for my mom with all of the known family members she has, for the other's I made smaller more condensed versions.

1 comment:
totally cool Nat!!! I am going to put that on my list of things I "wanna do when I have a place to call my own..." you creative genius you!!!
Post a Comment